April 9, 2008

LBC.

Just this past weekend, I was in Long Beach, CA visiting my good friends Matt and Mandy. They moved down there like 6 months ago when Matt's job placed him there. I haven't seen them since Halloween weekend and I figured since I actually had the weekend off, it was finally a good time to see them.

When we went to this restaurant called Open Sesame on 2nd Street, there was like a 45 minute wait. The place was great but it was just jammed packed. I was literally sitting next to the person at the next table. I was hard to have to listen to their conversation while eating my spicy hummus.

But during the wait, I went to this store next door that sold random things for the home and really cool jewelry. I was able to find this for 50% off.




(necklace: $59.99; earrings: $39.99 = $50 + tax including discount)



I know it's not the best picture. I had to take this picture with my Blackberry. It's one of the most unique pieces I've seen in a really long time. It's made from Danish designers, Pilgrim. It's antique gold with bird claws hold on to the charms on the necklace and the black glass beads. There was also this amazing pearl ring, where the band was almost a wide as the pearl itself. Too bad that ring couldn't fit on my fat finger... *sigh* I'd be wearing it right now.

No comments: