April 3, 2010

What to Wear Daily: Guggenheim

(Cindy: Black Rick Owens jacket, white Uniqlo shirt and black jeans;
Me: Christian Blanken grey t-shirt, Blue Margiela (MM6) long cardigan, Diesel Jeans, white H&M beanie)

My family has been visiting me for the past few weeks. I miss my family a lot. I'm part of a large family and we are all really close, I was so happy to see them. First up was my younger sister Cindy. This isn't the best picture (actually, you can't even see her and I don't look so great either) but it was the only one we took together. My family isn't big with taking pictures together for some reason. The jacket she is wearing is her first major designer purchase. It was one of her goals while she was here and of course I was there to help her make the decision. This sweater has been a staple in my uniform lately... any plain shirt and a over sized necklace and jeans.

Cindy wanted to check out the Guggenheim Museum. Not so much the artwork, but the actual building. We also went to the Whitney Museum that day as well. They had some great contemporary and not so great work there, it was fun to see.

On a side note... It's weird to be in NYC and say the word "beanie" and no one knows what I'm talking about. Is it just a West Coast thing? I'm known to lose beanies too. Once I bought a black one at a hat boutique near my house and 4 hours later it was gone... what a waste! I swear I try so hard not to lose things and it just happens anyways...

No comments: