February 24, 2011

Taking a Trip: Dining in Shanghai (Veggie Edition)





It was excessive guys. Pure gluttony. I was eating nonstop. Imagine eating until you are bursting, and then still eating. It got to the point where I swear it felt like it hurt, but it hurt sooo good.

I did all the fine dining you can do there. I mean I did fine dining all day, sometimes we dined at 2 fine dining restaurants in a night because they would close so late. Then during the day, we were running around, just trying everything. I mean it. One time we went to 3 restaurants before noon. We didn't just order one thing, we would order 8 different things at a restaurant, just so we can try everything. We never could finish everything unless it was THAT GOOD. Also, in Chinese tradition they serve everything family style, so there was always too much food.

This is my version. I am vegetarian (lacto-ovo) but it gets difficult when traveling, especially in countries that are not veg friendly, but we made it happen. Here are some of the dishes I had above.

I actually took videos on this trip, but my poor poor Stella McCartney jacket got stolen along with my HD video camera in the pocket. I swear I have the worst luck. I will be mourning for that jacket for a long long time. It kept me so warm in the snow.

No comments: