April 11, 2008

Animal Collective - Grass (live)

I have seen Animal Collective a handful of times. I was really excited when I found out that I didn't have to drive too far for once to see them. This was absolutely their best show I've seen them play. It was a mixture of the crowd and the amazing small space (I've seen them at the Great American Music Hall and The Fillmore) called The Library. They probably crammed about 350 people into a place that can fit about 250.

When you watch the video you can see the excitement in the crowd. It's amazing that everyone was like that, even myself. The last time I ever acted like that was when I was in high school. It felt so good that night. Live music can still make me feel completely alive and free, even when I get older and I hope that continues. Everyone that wasn't there missed out. It's good to know that I'm not the only Animal Collective fan. Anna Sui played Panda Bear at the beginning of her Fall 08/09 runway show. Panda Bear is the lead singer for Animal Collective. They are one of the most innovative bands in the past few years and a band to watch. I'll post the Anna Sui show in a bit.

No comments: