April 11, 2008

The Italian Mogul.

Whatever Giorgio Armani touches is golden. I think every guy in the world has owned (or still owns) a bottle of Aqua di Gio. He has one of the only fashion empires that have consistently increase profits annually. There are so many brands under the Armani name, there's no way I can list them all. I don't think he is ever going to stop expanding either.

According to WWD, "his fashion empire registered a 17 percent increase in operating profits in 2007, the 73-year-old designer said Thursday he expects further retail expansion worldwide will fuel growth this year and ease any market-specific downturns in consumer spending."

Just like his fashion house, Armani has also aged gracefully. I can't believe he is really 73 years old. It seems like he looks exactly the same since I was born. I like to see that he works just as hard now, as he did when he started his line.



This is such a great picture that The Sartorialist, Scott Schuman, took of him. He has a good story on how he got the photo too. Check it out here.

No comments: