April 17, 2008

Nina Garcia and Elle Update.

(Nina Garcia in Elle's Accessories Closet from www.Boston.com)


Now you have to scratch what I said about Nina Garcia before. Turns out she is
actually given the title of being Editor at Large, instead. She hasn't made an official decision yet, but Project Runway has and renewed her contract for another season at least. Harvey Weinstein has said he is pretty confident she is going to be coming back on the show.

In other Elle news, looks like there is a new reality show in process called Perfect Fit, where contestants compete for a spot to be a fashion assistant at Elle Magazine. It's creative directors are Tyra Banks and Joe Zee, Elle's creative director. I actually found out about this show and was thinking about joining in, until I read through the questionnaire they made you fill out. They had questions like, "What designer brand would you not be caught dead wearing?" or "Which celebrity would you make over and why?" and also, "How do you act like when your drunk?" I just decided to veto the whole thing when I figured out that it didn't really matter how much knowledge you even knew about the fashion industry to even be a part of it. Plus reality shows are just there for the drama, not necessarily to help you out much in the end. The show probably would probably end up making me look like some adjective that I'm not because the editors of the show are just that great with putting all the video footage together.

But on the other hand, I can't help but be anxious to see how the show ends up turning out. I'm going to be tuned in.

No comments: