April 13, 2008

Summer has come early.

(my living room)


Last night, there was this art walk that was happening around the neighborhood that I live in. I was such a hot night, I didn't have to wear a light sweater for once. Everyone always seems to look forward to summer, except me. Yes, I do like to finally be able to wear one of the million dresses I own. I do like walking in the sand by the ocean with the sun beating down on me, but you forget all the other things to make you hate it. The fact that you can never sit on anything leather without having to peel yourself off. The fact that you will be never be cool. The fact you can't stop sweating, which in turn makes you feel worried if you smell like awful B.O. No matter how many showers you take a day, you still feel the same way even if you didn't. The list goes on.

It's always the summer when people are more willing to leave their homes. Places are jammed packed and you are just a small fish in a sardine can. Nights are always longer during the summer. Yesterday was a good night because everyone was roaming all over my neighborhood. So much I had to park 2 blocks away.

I met my friends up a local boutique. Turns out my friend Robbie's band was playing, but I got there right when they finished. I actually drove by and saw the huge crowd, but decided to drop my car off at my apartment so I could avoid anything bad from happening with drunk driver around the grid. I sat and talked to them for about 15 minutes and left off to my favorite hang out.


It was back to normal. The place wasn't busy for a few months because of regulations from the fire department saying that their capacity was suppose to be lower than what was told to them before. I was happy that they were making money, but there was an unfamiliar feeling about being in a place were it was hard to even find your friends that you see there all the time. I'm glad the place is making money, so my friends pockets aren't so empty.


There were girls in summer dresses on, which was great. I'm all about dresses and femininity, but some of these girls were just over the top. Everything was overdone with some of them. Too much makeup (you should know to wear it light so you won't sweat it off), too much product in their hair, and dresses that don't fit them right. Things should really look effortless. Women in the most basic things, like a wife beater and shorts and cool jewelry look best, even with men. When I've gone out, guys look best in a crisp white v-neck shirt and well-fitted jeans and nice sneakers. I know that looking effortless isn't really achievable, but there is nothing less attractive than someone that looks like they are just trying to hard.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Get daily ideas and guides for earning $1,000s per day FROM HOME totally FREE.
JOIN NOW