June 11, 2008

Shopping in SF: Luxury stores

Since I have a few days to myself off from work, I have been spending time catching up on past and present fashion news. I spent almost a whole day inside... so I decided to take the BART out back to SF and just hang around. I was walking around everywhere just to familiarize myself with the city. I was trying to look for the location of this publication company here in SF and found myself going around in circles. I went back and forth to about 4 places about 6 times too many. When I finally got to the location (which was way to late; 5:00pm) I was greeted by the staff that seemed confused about why I was even there at all. Turns out they don't even know if there are intern positions even open... or any positions opened at ALL.

So after that long walk... I went ahead and took a stroll to my favorite street in SF, which is Maiden Lane. I visited Chanel (which had nothing I wanted in my size/it was too expensive still, even on sale), Yves Saint Laurent and then of course... the most frequented store I go to, Marc Jacobs.
Out of all the MJ stores I've gone to all over the country... I'd say that I like the associates there the most. Maybe it's because they know me,
because I have gone there for about 5 years... or it's just the fact that there is always this down to earth feeling in that store... as if it wasn't really actually a expensive luxury store at all. Sometimes when I go to certain stores, I feel like I'm in a museum and I can't touch anything.... there are always people staring at you. Sometimes I'm not even greeted.. and if I am... it's feels like a scold.

The only purchase I made today was for a pair of Marc Jacobs Collection jelly mouse flats.




I got these at a steal. They were 70% off... it was a grand total of $48. I know... some people might think that they can get jelly flats from the Asian Market down the street.. but they aren't the mouse flats! I held off for a long time because I didn't want to spend the $160 these originally are. I can add these to the rest of my mouse flat collection.

No comments: