September 3, 2008

Free (VIP Box) Access: Judas Priest @ Shoreline


On Sunday, I got to go see The Metal Masters, which included Judas Priest, Heaven & Hell, Motorhead and Testament. I was so psyched to find out that I received free tickets to the show. I'm a huge fan of live music... any kind, really.

I have been able to get backstage at shows but have never gotten the VIP treatment. I had a waiter for my box... whatever I wanted he would get. There was a VIP area that had a full bar and was catered. I didn't have to wait an hour in line for the bathroom, either. VIP parking was even better, we got out of the Shoreline in 20 mins, which is unheard of. I remember going to see Radiohead there about 3 years ago, and it took me like 1.5 hours to get out of their parking lot. It was so awesome. More than anything, I got to bring along my friend, Neil, which is a metal fanatic! I mean, we have been talking about going to a metal show since we've known each other and we made a promise to go to one this summer, so when I called him about the tickets, we literally just died!

But anyways, besides the music, my favorite thing to see was what the musicians were wearing. Especially, Rob Halford, lead singer of Judas Priest, that seemed to change ever 2 or 3 songs into a different leather/denim studded jacket. They were amazing... I bet from up close they would look even better. I'm sure all of them were costume made to fit him. It's surprising (and then sometimes not) that he is gay. Her is so intense and tough on stage... coming out with a Harley and being the lead singer of a heavy metal band that introduced heavy metal to the world.



(Sorry my pictures are so poor. I only had my trusty Blackberry and it was really bright out. (: )

No comments: