November 7, 2008

For the love of Karl.


The last actual full day I was in NYC... I made a trip, by my lonesome, to go see the Chanel Mobile Art Exhibit. I googled it on my phone to figure out where it was and I had no clue, except it was in Central Park which stretches a million and one blocks it seems.

After passing by The MET and too many street vendors, I finally stopped by a hot dog stand, where someone close by (a student from U. Mass) said she was going to the same spot. We walked together there and found a line that was out of control at 4:00pm. One of the guys that were working there said it would be until 7pm until we got in. She couldn't wait that long, but I was willing. This was something I wanted to see the most when I was there; solely because NYC was going to be the only city that was in the U.S. showing the exhibit. So, for the love of Karl, I waited in that line in the cold for hours by myself until my toes felt like they were going to fall off... and the only way to keep warm was to run in place. Lol. It was sad really...



But when I finally got in... it was so great. It was a 35 minute tour of the exhibit, that was so amazingly organized. Everyone that was working looked like they were hired from Ford Models because there was no one shorter than 5'10" and good looking. When you got to the front, they would only let you in if someone didn't come for reservations and they would let in 2 at a time. You would listen to a custom-made Chanel Ipod that would tell you when to stand up, turn left or right to see all the commissioned pieces. At the end, they gave you a magazine that was made only for the NYC exhibit.
Seriously, if the exhibit is coming to a city near you, you should go. I mean it's free... which is unbelievable. I would gladly pay to be able to see anything like from the mastermind of Karl.

(If you guys wanted to see pics to the magazine, hit me up in the comments and I'll put up anther post for that.)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

you should seriously put those pictures up I live in salt lake city an exhibit like that will NEVER come here not even if hell were to freeze over! I would have totally waited in the cold to see that too!