November 22, 2008

Shoe Collection: Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2004


I am a self professed sneaker head. Well at least I use to be. I went through this huge phase were I wanted to collect Vans and Chucks that were only Made in the USA (which both of them aren't now, hence making them rare and harder to find). Anything that was limited I had and owned. I stopped about 4 years ago. I didn't wear them enough and I started to change what I wore more often (flat dress shoes and heels of course) and I got the designer shoe buzz that wouldn't go away. It's like when you get one pair the rest just will never look as good. You get spoiled really. Now, my whole closet looks like that. You will never see me own a pair of Steve Maddens or Nine West shoes (no offense to the people that do). I worked in a shoe department for way too long (5 years to be exact) to not notice poorly made shoes that were a horrendous knock off of the beauties I'd see on the runway.

Now if I buy a pair of Pumas, they have to be a a designer collaboration, for example, I'm obsessed with Alexander McQueen for Puma. It's like the best of both worlds for me.


These sneakers were a part of the Marc by Marc Jacobs line in Spring 2004. I have worn these to death since I got them. So much, I got a second pair, which I have never worn yet, just in case my other ones fall apart. I was so in love with the sneakers that I also have them in a different color that are high tops... but I'll save that for another post.
These cost a lot more than I would want to spend on sneakers, especially since I was use to buying vans that cost about $40, but they are so worth it. I haven't seen anyone ever strolling around in these and it makes me feel like it's worth it. People in other blogs complain about how sneakers don't look attractive, they only wear heels, blah blah blah... they need to get over themselves. If you were going to be walking around all day long somewhere like an art museum or Disneyland (which a lot of adults love to go to) then you are not trying to wear a pair of high heels. We are not all Victoria Beckham, people!

Plus you can have some fun with it. You can definitely still be stylish in a pair of kicks. Like how it was styled during the runway show here:



Here are the details:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are fantastic sneakers!! =D they're so unique... they'd totally jazz up any casual outfit