December 4, 2008

Movie Soundtracks


One of my most favorite bands is M83, which was named after the spiral galaxy Messier 83. The group was founded in Antibes, France in 2001 by lead singer Anthony Gonzalez. They are considered to be of this music genre called shoegaze, which gives the same amount of emphasis on softly spoken vocal lyrics and instrumentation.

Sometimes I watch movies and think that it could've been so much better if it had a better soundtrack. I know that the movie would have to get the artists rights and blah blah blah... but if I was a director, producer, or whatever in a movie, I'd think that music would be a big of an impact as the lines in the movie because it sets a tone.

I'll probably post a faux movie soundtrack soon... for very specific parts of a movie. Since I'm such a music fanatic and all.

On another note, doesn't this M83 album cover look like it could be a McQ ad? Seriously...

No comments: