June 18, 2009

What to Wear Daily: Alexander McQueen Dress


(All photos by Vy)

This is one of the coolest purchases I made this year and it will be something I will be wearing a lot this summer.  Its made out of jersey and it's really heavy (I mean it's yards and yards of fabric) but it's so well made and it could look so casual at the same time in a pair of flats.  The best part about this dress is the fact that the sleeves are attached to the dress, so it's this huge half circle almost (I know that's a bad description... lol).  It's almost like I'm a bat if I lift my arms.

I wore this to dinner with Vy at Coco500 in SOMA.  We went to Bourbon and Branch afterward (a regular spot for me) and then we got home in a limo.  I don't know how it ended like that... but it was a pretty epic night.

There was this couple next to us that were in their mid 40s, that were obviously on their first date.  The woman was a decently dressed woman, you can tell she was getting out of touch with fashion because of her age though.  The male was the same, but he was wearing what looked like a Jimmy Buffett Hawaiian shirt.  We were sitting insanely close to them, I mean I could hear everything!  The quote of the month was when she asked him:

W: So... describe yourself in 3 words...

M: (Leans in close to woman with a serious face) Rock N Roll!

Oh my goodness... we tried so HARD not to laugh.  Seriously... that was so EPIC!  I was sitting at the end of the restaurant that had a mirror next to me and the woman could totally see the reflection.  Is that what men really do?  Geez... because that just sucks.  It hurts to know that there are men that age that are like that out there.





1 comment:

V said...

haha.
that night was MOST CERTAINLY epic. <3

you geminis, i can always expect a night of randomness. =)