August 6, 2009

Pleats Please: Robert Gellar Pleated Pants

I have this pet peeve about men's pleated pants. Whenever I see one of my friends wear them I cringe and remind them that men in their 50s are the only ones that can get away with them (mainly only because of their age). They just make a man look so wide and frumpy. With a flat front, a man looks so much sleeker and thin.

But I changed my mind when I saw these pants from Robert Gellar's AW 2009 collection. They actually are really well designed. These don't look wide nor frumpy.




I really want to pay more attention to men's ready to wear. I just feel like it's so neglected. Whenever a guy asks me what they should buy, it's so hard to me to visualize designers or even stores that carry stuff that is relatively affordable... Chain stores like H&M or Zara just isn't enough when it comes to structure and cut.

No comments: