February 11, 2010

RIP

While I was preparing for the show this morning, I heard from someone that Alexander McQueen has passed. I am a HUGE HUGE McQueen fan... so to hear this saddens me so deeply. I always felt that if I were ever able to go to a McQueen show in Paris, that will be that day I have made it. I can't believe that will never happen. I know he is put under so much pressure. It's amazing to see how he tops each season, EVERY single time. He is so incredibly talented. He's one of the reasons why I even wanted to pursue something in the industry in the first place. I will continue to be in shock.

During model fittings today, one of the girls started crying about it. She said that, "he always treated his girls very well and was always very kind." That was really good to hear, because people in this industry (especially with his talent) are still nice. He was truly one of a kind.

Edit: This is an interesting interview he did with his mother in 2004. Check what it says at the end about being proud.

No comments: