February 16, 2010

The Show Day (and then some...)



I had a great day on Sunday... It consisted of me getting up and going directly to Bryant Park at 7:30am. We prepped for the show and on it went t 10:20am and 5 minutes later it was all over. The hours and hours of hard work. There were then press interviews for Lela and then we all met back at the office and get all the pieces somewhat organized for Buyers in the showroom.


Off we went to Supper for brunch, where we were served a 9 course meal (that included 3 different desserts). I had a Will in town, as well, that I had to show around, but he basically saw how exhausted I was that he just went ahead and did his own thing while I took a nap. The production team that did Lela's show was also doing a presentation at Milk Studios later in the evening and invited the team. There were 5 presentations going on all at once. I ran into Zana, which I haven't seen since she moved here months ago. She was with a bunch of bloggers as well. Will came by the show, just a little second late and they were done with their presentations... so we stayed a little afterward to have French Manhattans and Classic Manhattans (courtesy of Woodford Reserve and Billy Reid) and danced a little bit while this band played in one of the rooms. I really loved Billy Reid and Staerk presentations. I got so distracted to even see the others.


I left Milk and decided to not go to the after party at B East. Instead, I decided to go to D & Co to see my friends there to have a celebratory drink. (I think it will officially be a ritual for me now, since this is the second fashion week I have done that.) I didn't realize it was Valentine's day, until the Father Bill mentioned it and kindly decided to buy my cocktail.


Now since Monday, I've been trying to relax, but Will was still here. It is always about indulging in the senses with him. In the evening, we were off to see a friend at Ssam Bar... then another at Ten Degrees and PDT. Will can't live without the Benton's old fashioned and tater tots.


I still haven't had much sleep. Everything has just been nonstop. I'm off to the showroom tomorrow... I'm like the energizer bunny. I just keep going and going.


No comments: