March 28, 2008

connections. (and must-haves)

I have a strong emotional connection with fashion. When I was younger, my sense of style showed what my interests were at the time. I grew up in high school as a punk kid, but a punk kid in DKNY and Ralph Lauren. If you're thinking to yourself, that couldn't be possible, it actually was... I'm sure I have photos laying around to prove it.

I was extremely insecure as a kid... probably just recently in the past 5 years I've felt secure about the way I looked. I grew up being made fun of constantly about having a round face or being short, you name it; it's been said. It wasn't until I found an outlet with clothes, where my insecurities went away. Also, I like the fact that my flaws made me unique. I would never want to change anything about my body, because then it's not actually me. I always thought when I was younger, if I dressed well, then the ugliness went away. I know... you must be thinking that it didn't make sense, but it did to me and that thought process still follows me.

When a woman walks down the street in a pair of sweats and tennis shoes, you're probably not going to look at them twice (unless your thinking that she shouldn't be wearing that in public). Now if you saw the same girl in a Diane Von Furstenberg black wrap dress, she'll turn more heads. (Like this one below from www.netaporter.com which is actually one sale by the way.)




Now, I understand, not everyone has $300 for a dress like this, So there's always Target's Merona wrap dress that can look just as good for $24.99.



Also, there is this confidence that a women shows when she wears a dress. You just feel beautiful and feminine. Also, wrap dresses are really easy to dress up and down. Throw on a jean jacket and flats to dress it down or throw on a pair of colorful high heels and a clutch to dress it up. It's a must have in any ones wardrobe, because technically since it wraps around your body, it will always fit you because you can adjust it.

1 comment:

V said...

Target LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
The way you carry yourself is CRUCIAL when you wear things. The minute you start feeling crummy, you start to look crummy no matter how expensive the clothes are. hahaha. =P~~~~