October 26, 2008

What to Wear Daily: Is that a fake?


While I was at work... I was asked a question that I have never been asked. Let me first show you what I was wearing (minus me of course... I don't know why I'm not ready to post pictures of myself on here yet.)

Client: Oh... I love your coat!

Me: Thanks... it's one of my favorite pieces I own.

Client: Is it fake Chanel?

Me: (laughs) There's no reason to have this if it was going to be fake.

Client: Yeah... you are right.


And then we started to discuss about counterfeiting. I have done a few posts about counterfeiting and I will never support it. It's the reason why Louis Vuitton is too expensive to afford. I remember my friend telling me that she had to go to work to do inventory at the Louis Vuitton store here in the SF. They actually do a 10% mark up twice a year. Companies like Chanel and LVMH lose millions of dollars because people continue to do this. It really needs to stop. I would rather wear a label less bag any day compared to something counterfeit. What is the use of wearing something that is suppose to symbolize status when you technically don't have it... right?

Here are
some fun detail pics of my outfit. (Chanel cashmere tweed jacket, Mossimo for Target gray linen dress, Marc Jacobs Collection crocodile ivory shoes, vintage and H&M necklaces and MJ rat ring)




I'm sorry I've been holding back with all my good stuff I have. I will honestly try to post more with what I have been wearing.

2 comments:

V said...

HUONG!
post pictures of you IN the outfits!
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
=D

Benni said...

Oh hey, I will jump on the wagon and say I want to see you, too! :-)