November 5, 2008

Consignment in Soho: Ina

While I was in NYC for the past few days I went roaming around by myself in Soho. I've have been in Soho before but not during the day. It has changed so much since the last time I was there and I tried to sink it all in. Soho is just amazing... it looks unreal to me because I recognize all these streets from photos taken on the street blogs. To me Soho is how I have always pictured New York... people were dressed so well and there was just so much culture everywhere. I saw a few street bloggers as well.

I actually secretly wanted to see The Sartorialist and somehow get photographed for his site but I knew it wasn't going to happen. Lol.


I know that Soho is just expensive in general, but I still wanted to check it out what it had to offer. I went to NYC thinking to find things I can't find normally, so I already had in mind which designers to look for and which stores to go to. So, I went to a few vintage shops and consignment stores. One of the stores I really liked was Ina, yet it was really overpriced for a consignment store. All the items in the store were either still currently and barely even used at all. I took a photo of this item by J. Mendel.


It was such an amazing piece. It was a little over $900 for it, and from far away it looks like it's knit, but it's actually made of fur. I'm not a fur fan at all. I have a few pieces I've bought in the past that are faux fur but that is as far as I will go. But this piece was as light as a feather and so impeccably made. It was insane to see this in person. Here are a few details (please click to enlarge):


Since I was by myself the majority of the time there during the day, I never got any pictures of myself in NYC, but I have a good amount from the places I've gone. I had a memorable time because of my friend Denise and no one else could have been able to give me an experience like that. I'm extremely thankful for everything she has done. I will post more in the next few days.

No comments: