October 16, 2008

Free Access: SF Opera performance of Idomeneo


This is how I scored these tickets from a client of mine....

H: So who do you work for?
C: I've been working for the San Francisco Opera for many years...
H: Oh really? I have always wanted to go to the Opera!
C: I always get free tickets, but only last minute. I'll give you a call when I get any.

Honestly, I thought I was never going to hear from this guy ever again, but he called me the next week. I was so excited! The opera is a completely different scene for me. The experience was amazing! Even though John was falling asleep. Poor thing works too much!

I couldn't take any pictures, but I took one of the ceiling... which looked pretty awesome to me. (:
Also, I got orchestra seats... so I scored real big!


The show was so emotional and the stage effects and everything were so great. The fake lightening was great and the props. The opera singers voices are phenomenal. I can't believe they can project their voices like that. It's unreal. Their costumes were amazing too; the colors and craftsmanship. I would LOVE to be able to see their costumes up close and personal.

I suggest you guys trying something new and out of the ordinary and see what doors open for you.

1 comment:

Los Codos said...

how fun!!!!!!1 sorry my phone died yesterday!!! you will have to tell me all about it!