November 12, 2008

What to Wear Daily: Rick Owens



(Rick Owens Lillies sweater, Rock and Republic skinny jeans, Ann Demeulemeester black wedge boots)

This pale green sweater/jacket is the only thing I purchased for myself in NYC. I went there looking for very specific designers when I was shopping. I actually told myself that I didn't want to go crazy like I did before on my last trip (5 pairs of shoes, 2 jackets and tons of dress, shirts and shoes + all the stuff I bought for everyone else). So, I have this philosophy when I shop. If I notice myself walking around and thinking about the piece so much, enough to want to go back and grab it, then it was meant to be. I found this in a completely different area too. So when I tried on this Rick Owens Lillies sweater, there was such a huge smile on my face. I have always wanted to own something of his, but his stuff is either way to out there and way too expensive. Since, I was on vacation, I figure that I could splurge on something. Since, everyone has been effected by the economy, including me... I shouldn't be spending money like they grow on trees. Also, I wouldn't want to be in any crazy credit debt either. I buy all my clothes with cash, so I won't feel so bad later.

2 comments:

Benni said...

I like it! Also like the 3-block presentation. :-)

Los Codos said...

coool jacket! where'd you find that puppy?