January 7, 2009

The Great Frog

I love jewelry but I rarely invest in it. Sometimes something cheap and disposable from H&M, just because I will misplace it, but nothing more than $10. There are the rare times I do spend money on something that I vividly record in my mind that I have to have.

Something I've been looking for is a great skull ring. Really, any kind of ring that is very distinct and is well crafted. While I was looking at the current issue of Interview Magazine with Cate Blanchett, I rediscovered the London based label, The Great Frog. She wore a ton of different outfits and displayed so many different characters in the spread. I love that Blanchett is such a chameleon. She always looks effortlessly flawless. My favorite was her rock n roll inspired outfit with The Great Frog rings.

(Photos I took from Interview Magazine)

Some history about The Great Frog from their website:

"The Great Frog has made their name within the International fashion & jewellery industry catering to a niche clientele of rockers, bikers and those on the edge of the mainstream.

Every piece of jewellery sold within the walls of The Great Frog is hand carved and crafted on site, at the shop on Ganton Street, Soho. Having produced bespoke pieces for a cross section of the fashion & music industry since 1972, including the Worlds Rock legends; Metallica, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Slash & Aerosmith, The Great Frog are pioneers in hand crafted, iconic statement jewellery."

It reminds me of my endless quest to find a not-so-tacky skull ring and they have so much to choose from. It reminds me of when I was a teen.

Here are some top picks for rings:

I particularly like the first one because of the movie "Donnie Darko." (:

No comments: